- Canada Visa Overview
- Canada Visit/Tourist Visa
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- Canada Student Visa
- Canada Work Visa
- Parent & Grandparent Super Visa
In this blog, we are going to share some really important tips regarding the Canadian study visa process.
Why Choose Canada?
Whenever we are thinking about study abroad, first country that strikes into the mind is CANADA because of the plenty of available options for international students over there.
- Availability of Research options
- Affordable international qualification
- Availability of Scholarships
- Students can work while they are studying
- Post study work experience
- Canada has many nice and clean cities that lead the world in quality of life
Minimum Acceptability requirements for students:
- Students must complete their senior secondary with a minimum of 50% from any board
- IELTS: Overall 6 bands not less than 5.5
- PTE: Overall 54 not less than 50
- TOFEL: Overall 90 not less than 21
For graduates and post graduates:
- Student must complete Bachelors or Master degree with a minimum of 50% overall from a recognized university
- 6 backlogs accepted for 3 years of the degree (Depend upon college to college)
- 8 backlogs accepted for 4 years of the degree (Depend upon college to college)
- IELTS: Overall 6.5 not less than 6
- PTE: Overall 58 not less than 51
- TOFEL: Overall 90 not less than 21
If you are planning to study in Canada, you must know there are 3 intakes available.
- September intake: This intake is a major intake, most programs are available for this intake. Specially University programs are available for this intake and all technical programs are open in this intake.
- January Intake: Second most important intake is January Intake this is also called winter intake. The majority 60% of the programs are open in this intake, furthermost of the technical programs are open in this intake but not all
- May Intake: This is also summer intake and it is the minor intake. Few programs are open in this intake approx. 30%
Categorization of Study Visa
There are only two categories for Canadian Student visa– SDS and NON SDS.
For SDS: student needs to complete IELTS and the minimum score required is 6 overall with 6 in each module.
FOR NON-SDS: If a student appears for any other English Proficiency Test other than IELTS, the application falls under NON-SDS or General Category.
Additionally, if the marks obtained in IELTS are 5.5 in any of the modules, the application falls under the NON-SDS Category. Furthermore, the students need to show strong financial ties in India under the NON-SDS Category.
Canada Study Visa Free 2022 General Requirements
- Valid Passport
- Qualification Documents: 10th, 10+2, graduation, Degree
- English Proficiency Proof: IELTS, PTE, TOFEL
- DLI Acceptance Letter: LOA
- Proof of payment
- GIC: Guarantee Investment Certificate
- Financials (Income and funds) For Non-SDS while for SDS category it is not compulsory
- Statement of Purpose
- Passport Size Picture: 80% zoom, white background, 35*45
- LOR: Letter of recommendation, CV: Curriculum Vitae , SOP : statement of Purpose
If students want to apply for university. Exceptions are always there, so if have any doubt regarding your profile, eligibility, criteria, requirements than contact us we would like to help you.
Steps to Apply for Canada Study Visa Free 2022
1. First step in the process of a student visa is to apply Offer letter:
To begin with, choose a college/university in Canada as per your choice but it must be relevant to your previous studies. Because it will define your future plans and goals so yes, it is very important and you have to be very particular about this.
In case the student is planning to choose a different course that is not relevant to the previous studies, he needs to represent a strong SOP. Through the SOP, the student needs to mention why he wants to pursue that particular field. However, many times the college or university might reject the application due to the lack of relevance of the course.
Quick Tip: if still you are confused about course, college, location just contact us, our team will help you without taking any charges. We are happy to help students.
2. Pay your fees:
Once you will get the offer letter, you need to pay the tuition fees for the entire year. There are several methods of payment: CIBC, Flywire, Western Union, Direct payments also available. Once you will complete the payment process, you will get a fee receipt from the college and a Letter of Acceptance.
3. Third Step is to pay your GIC:
Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC): The students must deposit an amount of $10,200 CAD as a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)There are some banks which offers GIC:
- NOVA SCOTIA
Student will get $2,000 CAD plus any interest deposited into his student bank account when he arrives in Canada. further he will receive approximately $667 CAD each month for next 12 month.
Only Panel Physicians approved by immigration, refugees, and Citizenship Canada can do this medical exam. Student can find nearby panel physician with the help of this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
5. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Statement of purpose plays really a vital role in student visa. Student has to write SOP in both cases either it is SDS and NON SDS.
It seems to be like an essay where a student needs to mention regarding why Canada, why he chose this college and opted for the particular course. In simple words, it gives brief idea to visa officer regarding student profile and his interest
Why it is so important?
Generally, Visa officers can’t call every student for an interview. Therefore, to evaluate the student profile It helps them a lot. Mostly visa application accepted or rejected majority on Statement of Purpose.
6. Digital Pic:
Digital picture of students also another requirement. Specification of picture is 35*45, 80% zoom white background.
7. Financial Documents:
In Non-SDS, Student needs to submit financial documents which portray student financial stability such as Proof of Income (Income Tax Returns, Form-16, J-Forms).
In addition to this, students can add liquid assets also in the form of Bank Statement, GPF, Fixed Deposits, etc which shows the financial status of the family.
8. Apply Study visa:
Now that you have received your unconditional acceptance letter from your desired institute apply for the student visa permit. Correspondingly, the quick step-by-step process that you could opt for while applying for a student permit is.
- Collect all the required documents mention above and make single pdf of each file not more than 4 mb.
- Apply for the Canadian study visa online on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) platform.
- In case you have a poor network or do not have an internet connection, you can post the documents.
- Submit the unconditional acceptance letter that you receive from your desired institute.
- Furthermore, include a document that presents your financial stability.
9. Canada Study Visa Free 2022 Biometric and Interview procedure
While applying for the Canadian Study Visa, you need to get your biometric taken mandatorily. The biometrics include a proper scan of your fingerprints and a photograph. Through biometrics, the authorities maintain an accurate record to prevent identity thefts. In fact, the data stored by them is protected and held by the Canadian authorities.
Quick Tip: Ensure that you don’t have any injuries on your hand before your biometrics appointment that might prevent a high-quality scan. Don’t apply HEENA on hands before biometrics.
10. Application Revert
Now comes the most thought-provoking part of the entire procedure, waiting for the visa authorities to reply. The visa application processing time for a Canadian study visa is up to 90 days, but it is generally faster. In case if you come under Student Direct Stream, you get a permit much quicker.