The 2021 Photographer of the Year award now is open for entries from 1 January 2021 and entries may be submitted from January to May. The month of June is set aside for judging before the winners are announced in early July 2021.
Entries will compete for the following coveted titles:
- The overall winner – 2020 Photographer of the Year
- The first runner-up;
- And the second runner-up;
- The top highly commendable finalists;
Entries must encompass the Celebration of Africa!
For more information about our fabulous prize go to our dedicated PRIZE page.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The judging panel is made up of the Africa Geographic editorial team.
- Only entries that are of African wildlife, landscapes, and/or culture will be accepted.
- Entries can be submitted from Friday, 1 January 2021 until midnight (CAT) on Monday , 31 May 2021.
- Entrants must submit photos via the online entry form.
- By entering the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2020 participants confirm that they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.
The selection process administered by the judges will be as follows:
• The ‘Weekly Selection’ will be the top entries submitted via our website and Instagram page. This selection will be published at the end of each week on our website as a gallery and in an album on Facebook;
• During the month of June 2021, once the submission deadline has come and gone, the judges will judge all accumulated entries from the Weekly Selections, gradually reducing the number of qualifiers to a list of ‘Finalists’, from which the winners will be selected and announced in July 2021;
Application Deadline: Monday , 31 May 2021.
For More Information: