The N – power programme started in Nigeria in 2016 under the Buhari lead administration with the ultimate goal of creating employment for the Nigeria youths.
It was also a part of the social intervention programme (SIP). N – power was designed to provide professional training, skills and funding for the nigeria youths.
The term “N – power” as and abbreviation was coined from two major words, which are “Nigeria” and “empower”. So N was gotten from the first word in Nigeria while power from the last five words in empower.
Since it’s creation, it has helped and empowered over 1 million youths in Nigeria and here are it’s major goals;
– put under control the rate of unemployment among Nigerian graduates and youts who roam the street jobless.
– To train them so that they would be employable.
– To support them with a monthly stipend to enable them to undertake some financial responsibility.
– To complement public service
– To fill the shortage of human resources that were obviously glaring in government facilities like health centres, schools, Agric extension.
Category of N-Power Nigeria
The youth empowerment programme is divided into two
– Graduate category
– Non-graduate category
What is N-Power Graduate?
The graduate category of the programme is designed for those who have a first degree like B.A, BSc, HND, OND, ND, NCE and those with a certificate at health technology schools.
Categories of N-Power Graduate Programme
The graduate programme is further divided into sections which include:
This is designed for the beneficiaries that will be posted to assist teachers in primary schools, secondary schools across the country. They are called N-Teachers.
This category is designed for those who have degrees or diploma in a health-related discipline like Physiology, medical laboratory technology, Anatomy, Lab science etc.
Anyone who has a passion for Agric can select this option and can be posted to any of the Agric extension.
Finally Npower is a scheme created by the Federal Government of Nigeria by the led BUHARI Administration to empower it youths and citizens for sustainable development.