Our client, a reputable construction company seeks to engage the services of a Quantity Surveyor. The QS prepare estimates, costs and valuation of work done per project. He/She is responsible for managing the cost profile relating to building and civil engineering projects. QS minimizes the costs of projects and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
• Undertake costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
• Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Perform risk and value management and cost control.
• Advise on a procurement strategy.
• Identify, analyze and develop responses to commercial risks.
• Prepare and analyze costings for tenders.
• Provide insight on contractual claims.
• Analyze outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Value completed work and liaise with the Finance to arrange payments.
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Provide insight and advise on maintenance costs of specific buildings.
• Carry out frequent studies and reference on other project cases to solve any problems that occur in the field.
• Other duties as may be assigned by Head, Commercial.
< SALES REPRESENTATIVE AT WICRYPT NIGERIA >
< SAPLET/NPDC SCHOLARSHIP 2020/2021 >
< JOB OPPORTUNITY AT MICROSOFT( HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER ) >
< SERVICE CENTER SUPERVISOR (PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE) >
Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying (2.1).
• Professional membership
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the Construction Industry
Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes
• Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking.
• A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
• Ability to read and interpret building plans.
• Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn design and costing IT packages.
• Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people.
• Good negotiating and organisational skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-worker’s/team members.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to listen and fully understand the expectations of the clients.
• Good interpersonal skill.
• Working knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio and Project)
Published: August 3, 2020
Offer Type: Full time
Experience: Minimum of 5years
Deadline: August 15, 2020