Tuteria is a mission-driven, education company that is passionate about making quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
About the Senior Frontend Engineers Role
We’re looking for talented, passionate Frontend Engineers (React, NextJS and TypeScript) who enjoy writing clean, well structured, and well-tested code and can also contribute to the frontend (ReactJS, HTML/CSS), as well as participate in decision making and product design as we build a world-class learning product.
An ideal team member is self-driven, loves solving problems, enjoys owning their own projects from start-to-finish, and able to communicate clearly and often with the rest of the team in order to brainstorm ideas, clarify project specifications, and to give (and receive) feedback on everything from coding style to high-level architecture and design. Most importantly, we’re looking for engineers who love learning and sharing and can work in a small, fast-paced team.
What you’ll be doing
work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute on engineering projects
• architect new components, designs and functionality on the frontend
• define and implement internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
• refactor or improve existing code
• review teammates’ pull requests
• Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our developer experience
You should have:
• knowledge of at least one NodeJS framework, especially ExpressJS and a deep understanding of the node package manager, project linking etc.
• experience building accessible components from scratch or using accessible UI libraries. We use Chakra-UI and OpenChakra.
• a deep understanding of HTML and CSS, modular patterns, and responsive web
• someone who has an understanding of and experience in using APIs and REST
• knowledge of testing using Jest
• experience developing isolated components using Storybook
• Browser debugging experience.
Full time / remote