Are you an aspiring young developer the SCA mentoring program is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with girls/women who identify as beginners in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
Sign up to participate as a mentee and learn from our amazing mentors!
Eligible participants must:
1. Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here: bit.ly/scaslacksignup)
2. Have made learning progress in their specified field
3. Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields
4. Possess a working Laptop
5. Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities
How It works
1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance/rejection mail
3: Upon being accepted, pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on our slack community (you would be added to this )
4: Connect with your assigned mentor and teammates
5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning map on your field for the next 3 months
6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
– Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
– Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off our preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA.
We’ve set in a number of brilliant questions to help us understand your personality, skills and commitment to this program. Our questions may take an estimated 5 – 10 minutes to fill in with most of the time spent on the short essay section.
You are advised to take your time and prepare ahead in filling it.
Before sending in your application, we have created technical assessments for each track/level which you NEED to submit alongside your application.
Kindly follow the link below to register for the program